SHCC News You Need and August Newsletter Link
This Week’s News You Need To Know – 08-01-19
~ Link To August Newsletter
~ News and Dates from the Clubhouse
~ This Week’s Dining Room Specials
August Newsletter Available Online
The August Newsletter and 2 Month Calendar is available to Download.
Remember, it’s password protected- the password is the same as our locker-room code (8441)
CLOSE TO FULL- Help Us Hit the Top!
For the first time, since the recession of 2008, we are almost full according to our By-Laws(475 Golfing Memberships). In fact, if we hadn’t changed how we count legacy memberships (as 1/2 members) back in 2015, we’d already be full!
But, we aren’t…so we NEED YOUR HELP! And as a bonus, we are going to “double down” on the dues credit you earn as a referring member. A referring member earns the equivalent dues credit of the membership they bring in. All you need to do, is bring a member in to Dave for a tour, and if they join, you get TWO MONTHS of DUES CREDIT for the equivalent dues of the new member.
Watch This Space As We Reach the Top!
Music on the Golf Course
Music on the golf course is a new phenomenon that requires some common courtesy for other players. Many, if not
most players are coming to our beautiful, rural environment, to escape technology and the grind of everyday life. Intrusive cell phone use, and the advent of personal music systems is counter to a “relaxed rural setting.”
To that end, we ask:
- That you play your music only loud enough to be heard in a small surrounding,
- turn your music off when near a teeing area that has another group playing
- Turned off completely when near the clubhouse.
- An even better alternative might be ear buds.
Please take this seriously, because just a few can make this an issue that may require a more stringent policy.
NEWS FROM THE CLUBHOUSE
- The Family Campout is Coming! This is a wonderful way to camp out under the stars (or your RV) for two nights of fun. It all starts after the Sand and Seed Party on August 9th.
- Pool Party Dates – The pool will be closing early on these dates for Private Pool Parties.
Wednesday August 14th 6 to 9
Saturday August 17th 6 to 9
Sunday August 25th 6 to 9
This Weeks Features:
Appetizer: Chinook Salmon Cakes with Creamy herb garden tartar. $12
Cut of the Week: USDA High CHoice 10oz New York from Cedar River Farms with Sauteed bell peppers. $32
Seafood Special: Cedar Plank Chinook Salmon with herb butter. $32
Pasta of the week: Creamy Scallop Fettucini with fresh herbs, served with garlic toast. $25
Comfort Food: Marinated grilled Pork chops with sauteed apples and pears. $20
- Sorbet: Acai
- Two for $3: Two house made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for $3
- Espresso Explosion Brownie Sundae: House made brownie topped with Lockmead Espresso Explosion ice cream and hot fudge. $4
- Local Peach Crostada with vanilla ice cream. $4.5