Day of the Dead Gala and Fundraiser
Date and Time – November 2nd, 2019 – Doors Open at 5:30p
Valet parking (Entrance By River Road Exit Only)
Costumes encouraged but not required
All proceeds go to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
Did someone say, amazing food??
Starter: Mixed greens with Jicama, radish and avocado with a Citrus Chile vinaigrette.
Entrée: (Choose One at Checkout)
Combo Plate: Spiced Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Steak and Ancho sauce and Chile Verde Shrimp Yellow Rice.
Black Beans with Queso Fresco cheese, red onion and cilantro.
Chile relleno, Poblano pepper stuffed with Queso Asadero on a bed of salsa rice served with yellow rice and black beans with Queso Fresco cheese, red onion and cilantro.
Small Pumpkin stuffed with Qunioa, poblano peppers and fresh vegetables
Service with yellow rice and black beans with red onions and cilantro
Carmel Flan with Diced mango marinated in passion fruit
and Auction Items
(check back, we are adding more every day!)
(click links to see sponsor info)
A Sample of our Silent Auction Items
- Gardening basket fromLane Forest Products
- UO Duck purse filled with UO extras
- Gorgeous Original Clay Sculpture from Jenny Shelton
- $500 Discount Certificate from Alpine Tree Service
- Wine form J. Scott Cellars
- Moscow Mule basket with copper mugs and all the fixings
- Wine with stainless wine tumblers
- Car Detailing from Momar
- Garden basket
- Clay Gingerbread houses
- BBQ grill, seasonings and utensils
- Martini basket with both Gin and Vodka, His and Hers martini glasses, olives, coasters
- Mai Tai basket with tike glasses, rum and mai tai mix
- Margarita basket
- Dermal Infusion Certificate
- Spa $100 certificate Bello Day Spa
- Spa $100 certificate Bello Day Spa
- $300 Gift Certificate from Joe’s Garage
- 1 unit, 7.5 yards) of Bark delieved and dumped from Rexius
- Odyssey 1000 electric operator – Overhead Door Company
Oregon Pacific Bank
Blue Sky Group
Josh Brown & Ross Bridges
Ryan & Marisa Wyckoff
Kelly Schukart – IMG
Deb Elliot and The Gillott Team
Stay and Dance to One of the Area’s Most Popular Party Bands!
What is the Day of the Dead?
Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is not a Mexican version of Halloween.
Though related, the differences between Halloween and The Day of the Dead are great. Whereas Halloween is a dark night of terror and mischief, Day of the Dead festivities unfold over two days in an explosion of color and life-affirming joy. The real point is to demonstrate love and respect for deceased family members. In towns and cities throughout Mexico, revelers don funky makeup and costumes, hold parades and parties, sing and dance, and make offerings to lost loved ones.
At Shadow Hills CC, we will be using this amazing theme for our Gala and Fundraiser, in a way that is fun, respectful, and loads of fun! It is a chance to celebrate with great food and drink, live music, and multiple ways to help raise money for the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Plated Sit-down Dinner
- Live Band – Local Favorite “Riffle”
- Photo Booth
- Valet Parking
- Tequila Tasting
- Salsa Bar
- Face Painting
- Signature Drink
- Silent Auction With Amazing Merchandise, Services, and Experiences from Local Donors!
Tickets are just $65 per person and include a wonderful plated dinner, tequila tasting, and valet parking.
Costumes are Optional…but encouraged. We will have ways for everyone to “get into the mood,” costumes or not!
SHADOW HILLS MEMBERS may RSVP (call Kelli) and Charge tickets to their member accounts.
If you prefer to pay online by credit card…
GET TICKETS By CLICKING HERE!
Your Donations will benefit the amazing work done by Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
The Doernbecher Foundation tax-id number is 93-0579589 and the foundation will provide a tax receipt for gifts of $5.00 or more made directly to the foundation.