SHCC News You Need to Know 02-27-2020
This Week’s News You Need to Know for 02-27-2020
~ Sauces Cooking Class
|~ Security Alert for Parking Lots
~ Dates to Put On Your Calendar for January
~ This Week’s Specials in the Dining Room
Sauces Cooking Class Offered- JUST THREE SPOTS LEFT!
David Hixson is teaching a new cooking class on Wednesday, March 4th at 5pm. The class will last approximately two hours. Attendees will learn how to make Hollandaise Sauce by hand and learn three classic variations. Of course, then we have to taste the sauces over some delicious treats, including fresh salmon, asparagus and a variation of Eggs Benedict. Be prepared to have fun and laugh while you learn.
The class costs $50 per person and includes all food and materials. Please sign up in the lounge or by contacting David Hixson. The class is limited to eight people, so don’t wait if you’d like to attend.
Security Alert for Parking Lots
We have had a couple of recent “smash and grab” car thefts from our member parking lot recently. Please be sure not to leave any valuables in your car, and certainly no visible. And if you see anyone in the lot who doesn’t look like they belong, contact the front desk immediately. While this is an extremely rare event, it has happened twice in the past two weeks. So, be on the lookout, and protect your valuables. Thanks!
Dates to Put on Your Calendars
- March 11this the Gourmet Club Dinner featuring Irish Delicacies by Chef Diana RSVP by March 6th The menu features Lamb Shank, so last minute guest additions are on a first come, availability basis after the 6th.
- Couples Irish Open – March 15th a great way to celebrate the “wearing of the green” with competition that requires great greens play to win! Couple sign up with the Pro Shop
- SWING of the Day- Golf Fitness X workouts focus on Posture, Rotation, Segmentation, Weight Shift and Balance, and Swing Plane. The workouts are designed specifically to help you get fit, get healthy and swing better, all in under 20 MINUTES A DAY. Our next session will be March 9th, 11th, 16th, and 18th at 2:30PM. Cost is $20. Email Birk or Nick to sign up at Birk@OrangeWhipTrainer.com or ShadowTrainer3@gmail.com
- One Hour Chipping Clinic on March 21st at 10:00.Eliminate the Flip and Learn to Chip. This one hour clinic will focus on faults and fixes to help you save lots of shots quickly by improving your chipping. Space is limited and cost is $20. Contact Birk@orangewhiptrainer.com call 541-514-4473 or sign up in the pro shop.
DINING ROOM SPECIALS BELOW
This Week’s Specials
Appetizer: Chicken Satay Skewers with creamy peanut sauce $9
Suggested Beverage: Chateau St. Michelle Dry Riesling
Cut of the Week: USDA Cedar River New York Strip Steak grilled and finished with garlic butter mushrooms $31
Suggested Beverage: Stone Cellars Merlot
Seafood of the Week: Sea Scallops St Jacques: Tender scallops and mushrooms topped with a creamy sauce with Gruyere cheese $30
Suggested Beverage: Rombauer Chardonnay
Pasta of the Week: Philly Cheese Steak Pasta: Penne pasta tossed with tenderloin beef tips, onions and bell peppers finished with a creamy provolone sauce, served with garlic toast $24
Suggested Beverage: Three Rivers Cabernet Sauvignon
Comfort Food: Chicken breast with broccoli and mushrooms Mornay: Sautéed Chicken breast topped with fresh broccoli, sautéed mushrooms and a creamy Mornay sauce, served with your choice of starch and tonight’s vegetable $20
Suggested Beverage: Banfi Chianti Superiore
- Sorbet: Very Berry
- Two for $3: Two house made Chocolate Chocolate chip cookies for $3
- Brownie Sundae: Warm Brownie topped with Lochmead vanilla Ice cream, hot fudge sauce and whipped cream $4
- Apple Crisp Cake with Lochmead vanilla ice cream: Golden cake topped with Granny Smith Apples top with apple crisp topping finished with vanilla ice cream $4.5