SHCC News You Need to Know 03-12-2020
This Week’s News You Need to Know for 03-12-2020
~ Sauces Class Announced
~ Dates to Put On Your Calendar
~ This Week’s Specials in the Dining Room
Sauces Cooking Class –Four Easy Pasta Saunces Open for Registration
The theme of the next cooking class is “ Four Easy Pasta Sauces” and will include Dave Hixson’s famous “Bachelor-ghetti”, classic pesto, tomato-almond pesto and Pasta al Limone, which has cream, lemon and parmesan cheese. All are easy and most are very fast as well. Also, he will demonstrate an excellent garlic bread that is fast and easy too. Please contact Dave or Amanda to Sign Up!
Class is Wednesday, April 8th at 5pm. $50 per person, which includes all materials. NOTE: Date may be subject to change due to a dining room event.
Dates to Put on Your Calendars
- Couples Irish Open – March 15th a great way to celebrate the “wearing of the green” with competition that requires great greens play to win! Couple sign up with the Pro Shop
NOTE: TEE TIME START HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 1PM Due to projected Frost Conditions.
- BUNCO! Thursday March 19th– 5p-8p Bring out your best dice-throwing moves for another night of fun!
- SWING of the Day- Golf Fitness X workouts focus on Posture, Rotation, Segmentation, Weight Shift and Balance, and Swing Plane. The workouts are designed specifically to help you get fit, get healthy and swing better, all in under 20 MINUTES A DAY. Our next session will be March 9th, 11th, 16th, and 18th at 2:30PM. Cost is $20. Email Birk or Nick to sign up at Birk@OrangeWhipTrainer.com or ShadowTrainer3@gmail.com
- One Hour Chipping Clinic on March 21st at 10:00.Eliminate the Flip and Learn to Chip. This one hour clinic will focus on faults and fixes to help you save lots of shots quickly by improving your chipping. Space is limited and cost is $20. Contact Birk@orangewhiptrainer.com call 541-514-4473 or sign up in the pro shop.
Dinner Specials Below
This Week’s Specials
Appetizer: Chinook Salmon cakes with a spring greens and tartar sauce $12
Suggested Beverage: Veuve Ambol Cremant – Burgundian Sparkling wine $8gl/$20 a bottle – only 4 bottles left!
Cut of the Week: USDA Choice Hand cut 6 oz. filet finished with sauce béarnaise $31
Suggested Beverage: Three Rivers Cabernet – $6glass/$14.50bottle
Seafood: Almond breaded Sole served with herby tartar sauce $24
Suggested Beverage: King Estates Pinot Gris $9glass/$19.50bottle
Pasta: chicken and crimini mushrooms tossed in a creamy herb goat cheese sauce tossed with penne pasta served with garlic toast $24
Suggested Beverage: J Scott Chardonnay $10glass/$22bottle (SHCC Member Owned)
Comfort Food: Corned beef platter: Corned beef and cabbage served with parslied buttered new potatoes, peas and carrots, side of horseradish sauce and house made soda bread $20
Suggested Beverage: Guinness Stout – $6 for a14.9 ounce Can (only here through March)
- Two for $3: Two house made chocolate chocolate chip cookies for $3
- Irish Brownie Sundae: Warm brownie topped with Lochmead Irish mocha chip ice cream and hot fudge finished with whipped cream $4
- Irish Whiskey soaked cake with pecans served with vanilla ice cream and whiskey drizzle $4.5