SHCC News You Need to Know 03-10-2021
~ News You Need to Know Moves to Wednesdays!
~ Dues Increase Break Down
~ SHCC 50 and Under – March Kick-Off Event Scheduled
~ Training, Lessons, Junior Golf and More!
~ News from the Lounge and Dining Room!
News You Need Moves to Wednesdays!
We are moving the weekly News You Need to Know to Wednesdays, starting today! With the re-opening of the dining room and expanding our Dinner Service to Thursdays, we needed to get the news out a day earlier each week! The golf season is starting, the Social and Golf Calendars are posted (see them linked here) and we are ready for great year of (almost) back to normal!
Dues Increase Break Down
In a letter from our President, Ken Martin, a small dues increase was announced by email today. Averaging just $6-$10 per month, we are long overdue, if we want to continue to provide the kind of amenities and service you have come to expect at Shadow Hills CC.
The dues increases are as follows: Family Memberships increased $10.00, Individual Memberships increased $6.00 and Social Membership increased $6.00
Read the Letter Below
SHCC 50 and Under March KickOff Event Scheduled
The SHCC 50 and Under Tip Off Happy Hour Event is Scheduled for Sunday, March 28th! With so many new younger members, with families, this is a great way to have fun, get to know one another and start the Social and Golf Season off right!
See the Poster Below for Details
Here’s the online registration link:
And Here are Links to their Social Media- They are an Active Bunch!
CLICK BELOW FOR DINING ROOM HOURS, MENUS, Birk Nelson’s Clinics and Lessons!
WHAT: PGA Coach, Birk Nelson, will be launching an 8-week Spring Junior and Ladies Golf Academy at Shadow Hills Country Club. The Spring Golf Lessons will include weekly small group lessons and 4, 9-hole events/socials.
During the weekly lessons, participants will learn Posture, Power, Grip, Ball Flight, Alignment, Green Reading, Putting, Performance and more. ore.
Shadow Hills CC JUNIOR Golf Lessons –
- CLASS 1 Starts April 5th 5:00PM-1 spot remaining
- CLASS 2 Starts April 5th 6:00PM FULL
- CLASS 3 Starts April 8th 5:00PM-2 spots remaining
Shadow Hills CC LADIES Golf Lessons –
- CLASS 1 Starts April 6th 2:00PM-2 spots remaining
- CLASS 2 Starts April 6th 5:30PM-3 spots remaining
- CLASS 3 Starts April 7th 4:00PM FULL
JUNIOR INFO: CLICK HERE
LADIES INFO: CLICK HERE
During the Spring Lessons, golfers will abide by the guidelines provided by the CDC. Link to the Safety Guidelines that will be in place: https://drive.google.
QUESTIONS: SPACE IS LIMITED Contact Birk Nelson, PGA firstname.lastname@example.org
GOLF CLINIC –Friday March 12th GOLF CLINIC – STOP the SLICE FULL
Friday April 23rd GOLF CLINIC – CUT the FAT (Wedge Clinic)
Space is limited so sign up by calling Birk Nelson at 541-514-4473 or email@example.com
News From the Lounge and Dining Room
Dining hours have been expanded, and a NEW DAY FOR DINING has been added!
**NOTE!! Because of the Valentine’s Dinner Redux (see menu below) Dinner will be served Thursday, Friday, and Sunday this week.
Dining Room/Lounge Hours and Reservation Info
Tuesday & Wednesday – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday – 10:00 am – 8:00pm (DINNER MENU Served!)
Friday & Saturday – 6:30 am – 8:00 pm (YES! Breakfast is Back!)
Sunday – 6:30 am – 7:00 pm
Valentine’s Day REDUX Menu- $48 per person (almost full!)
- APPETIZERS – choose two to share
- SMOKED COD CAKES – pan fried smoked cod and green apple cakes, remoulade and fried capers|
- SWEET POTATO EMPANADAS – filled with sweet potato, manchego and poblano, deep fried and served with mint yogurt sauce
- GRILLED CAESAR – chopped grilled romaine, brioche crouton, shaved parmesan, boiled egg and lemon garlic Caesar dressing
- ROASTED BEET – mixed greens in balsamic vinaigrette with roasted gold beets, candied pecans and blue cheese
ENTREES – choose one per person
- STEAK AND FRITES – pan seared 10oz ribeye topped with kale chimichurri and served with hand cut pomme frites with chipotle aioli
- MARSALA SHORTRIBS – grass fed beef short ribs, carrot and parsnip braised in Marsala wine, creamy pan sauce and fried stone ground polenta cakes
- DUCK LEG CONFIT – crispy confit duck leg, brown butter spaetzle, grilled asparagus, blueberry barbecue sauce
- BUTTERMILK CHICKEN – crispy fried buttermilk chicken breast, roasted garlic and creamed corn, collard greens
- CEDAR PLANKED SALMON – Sockeye salmon broiled on cedar plank, au gratin russets and roasted broccolini, topped with filbert butter
DESSERTS – choose one to share
- Chocolate-filbert ganache torte with salted caramel sauce
- Key lime tart topped with a rosemary whip cream
- Meyer lemon cheesecake with marionberry coulis
NEW DINNER MENU ANNOUNCED
- Island Prawns – Five coconut and macadamia nut crusted prawns, served with a sweet mango chutney sauce. $15
- Calamari Rings – House breaded calamari rings served with cocktail sauce. $9
- Onion Tart – caramelized onions and swiss on baked puff pastry, served with sweet tomato jam. $8
- Classic Wedge – Iceberg lettuce, tomato, warm bacon and bleu cheese crumbles, served with bleu cheese dressing. $7.50
- Chicken Caesar – Grilled chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce, tossed in Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese and croutons. Full – $13 petite – $10
- Roasted Beet Salad – roasted gold beets, mixed greens, bleu cheese crumbles, candied pecans and balsamic vinaigrette. $13
- Salmon Strawberry Salad – smoked salmon belly on greens tossed in strawberry vinaigrette, with fresh strawberries, cucumber and toasted almonds $14
- Fish and Chips – Beer battered cod filets and French fries and tartar sauce. $14
- Hand Tossed Pizza – Cheese pizza with basil oil and marinara sauce. Topped with choice of pepperoni, chicken, ham, bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple or fresh tomatoes. $10 for 4 toppings, $.50 each additional toppings
- Shadow Hills Burger – ½ lb Oregon Valley natural beef with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and burger sauce on brioche bun. $12, chicken $11, veggie $10, add bacon $1.50, add cheese $.50, sub grilled onions $2
- Prime Rib – Herb rubbed, slow cooked prime rib roast. Served with seasonal vegetables and choice of potato. 8oz – $28, 12 oz – $33
- Chicken Marsala – Chicken with mushrooms, shallots and Marsala wine sauce. Served with seasonal vegetables and choice of potatoes. $22
- Shrimp Scampi – Large prawns sauteed in garlic butter, white wine, fresh herbs and grape tomatoes. Served with seasonal vegetables and choice of potato. Comes with toasted baguette. $24
- Cut of the Week – 8 oz filet mignon, bacon wrapped and grilled, topped with toasted filbert butter. Served with seasonal vegetables and choice of potato. $33
- Seafood Special – blackened cod, topped with green apple relish. Served with seasonal vegetables and choice of potato. $21
- Pasta Special – Bacon and broccoli Mac & Cheese, with a crispy parmesan bread crumb topping $17
- Comfort Special – Corned beef brisket, slow cooked with bacon-cabbage, carrots and parsnips, served with whole grain mustard sauce. $18