SHCC News You Need to Know 09-01-2021
- September Newsletter Ready to Read or Download
- Board Revised Conduct Rules as of August 2021
- New Mask Regulations for Indoors and Outdoors at SHCC
- Facility Closure Dates
- Day of the Dead Fundraiser Info
- Fall Ladies Golf Academy Scheduled
- SHCC Senior Member Guest Tournament Info
- This Week’s Dinner Specials- Special Memorial Day Hours
September Newsletter Ready to Read or Download
Click the link below to view/download the September Newsletter.
As always, you can pick up a printed copy in the office or lobby.
It is a password protected file (password, same as the locker room code).
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD
Board Revised Conduct Rules as of August 2021
The Board recently voted to revise the Club Rules, as they pertain to conduct, and penalties of warning, suspension and expulsion.
The New Wording to Rule #9 is as follows:
- Any member involved in inappropriate, aggressive, or unwanted physical contact with a member, guest, or employee on Club property will face reprimand. Physical contact would/could include shoving, pushing, striking, grabbing, slapping etc. Conduct unbecoming would also include offensive language or gestures. The board of Directors will review all incidents and take appropriate action.
- The first reported incident may result in a Warning.
- The second incident will result in a minimum of a two-week suspension from all club activities and events including dining room privileges.
- The third incident will be Expulsion from Shadow Hills Country Club.
These incidents are not time sensitive and are cumulative. The above steps are recommended guidelines but may be escalated depending on the severity of an incident. Suspensions and expulsions will be administered pursuant to the bylaws, See bylaw 2016.
For Full Rules and Bylaws Click Below
New Mask Regulations for Indoors and Outdoors at SHCC
As per the recent Mask Mandate by the State of Oregon, Both Vaccinated and Unvaccinated members are Required to Wear Masks Indoors (unless eating/drinking) and in any Outdoor Location where large groups of people are unable to social distance (outdoor seating, cart areas, etc.). It is up to you to remain safe and courteous. Please be aware that these mandates are not the choice of staff or the board. They are mandated by the State of Oregon, and failure to comply could result in the shutdown of our entire club. Your cooperation is appreciated.
At this time, there will be NO restrictions on indoor capacity in the Clubhouse, Pro Shop or Lounge, however reservations are required to dine in the Lounge.
Please call (541) 998-2365 to make a reservation. Masks will be available in the administration office if needed.
Facility Closure Dates
Due to Covid and Related Staff Shortages, the following events have been postponed or cancelled.
Sept 3rd Trivia Night, Sept 16th Cocktail class, Sept 25th Cards Against Humanity
The pool is closing for the season as scheduled on September 7th
- Course will be closed completely for aerification on Monday, September 27th. The practice facility will be open but the course will be closed all day for play.
SHCC Day of the Dead Dinner/Auction/Fundraiser
Get your table now for our annual “Day of the Dead” dinner and auction, October 29th 5:30 until you drop.
Table of 8/$700, so get your friends together for a good time. Contact Laura In the front office, for Reservations.
Our very own Matt Hogan will be our auctioneer.
Just a few things we will have in the auction:
- 1 week in Kona Hawaii
- 2 Nights at the beautiful home of Buzz & Janet Gibson on the Oregon Coast
- Guided fishing trip and lunch on the McKenzie River
- “Fender” guitar
- 2 nights at Eagle Crest with golf
- Justin Herbert signed Oregon Helmut
- Justin Herbert signed Charger Football
CLICK BELOW FOR DINNER SPECIALS, WOMEN’S GOLF AND SAVE THE DATE EVENT INFO
WHAT: In September PGA Coach, Birk Nelson, will be launching a 6-week Spring Ladies Golf Academy at Shadow Hills Country Club. If you want to improve your game and have more fun playing with your friends or spouse then this is the class for you.During the weekly lessons, participants will learn Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping, Putting, Green Reading, Bunkers, Course Etiquette, and more.
WHEN: Every Tuesday starting on September 7th – 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM Classes available.
CLASS DETAILS: https://drive.google.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 6 STUDENTS/CLASS
SHCC Senior Member Guest Tournament Info
Entry to the SHSM – Member Guest 2021 is now open to all members born before Jan. 1, 1967. The entry fee is $475 per team. This includes two rounds of tournament golf, a practice round, prize money, tee prizes, and all food and drink. The entry form is available by going to https://www.shadowhillscc.org/shadow-hills-invitationals
or you can pick up a copy at the pro-shop.
SPECIAL HOURS FOR LABOR DAY!
We will be serving Breakfast from 7a – Noon, followed by Lunch/Lounge Menu until 6pm
This Week’s Dining Room Specials
Appetizer: Cheese plate $12
Comfort: Pulled pork Mac and cheese $16
Cut of the week: 12oz New York Strip with blue cheese/bacon butter, choice of starch, and veg of the week $35
Seafood: Grilled Tombo with a tropical fruit glaze, choice of starch, and veg of the week $24
Comfort: Tri tip stir-fry with ginger soy reduction and steamed rice $16
Dessert: Chocolate chunk brownie with vanilla ice cream $6 or two cookies for $3