More Mobile Friendly with Updated Info
A newly revamped and updated web site has gone live as of January 1st, with a great number of changes, updates and improvements. With more and more of our members and prospective members switching to mobile devices (cell phones and pads) for their information, it was imperative that we made changes to the responsive nature of how our information is displayed. “Responsive programming” means that the site code recognizes the device you are using to view the site, and serves up a version that is best suited for that device.
The Desktop version has a similar look and feel to the old site, but utilizes more video, and organizes with drop-down menus that offer wider information than the core information pages.
The Mobile Version of the site offers a reduced navigation, with the same information as the desktop site, but with smaller sizes and a scroll-able layout.
Key “Quick Function” buttons are included on both front pages to allow members and potential members a “one click access” to the most frequently visited pages.
On both the Desktop and Mobile Versions you will find “Quick Links” to “Members Log In (member statements and info),” ForeTees, Contact Info, and Shadow Hills Extra for other member/event content.
The site will continue to evolve over the next month to include a video fly-over tour of the course and facility, as well as header graphics that change with the seasons.
The Site Address Remains the Same- www.shadowhillscc.org
However, you may need to refresh your browser to see the new content (and kill the cached version on your device).
The Handicap Committee, appointed by officers of our golf club, is responsible for all aspects of the USGA Handicap System. Our Committee includes a Handicap Chair who has been certified by the Oregon Golf Association. We are obligated and committed to ensure the integrity of each Handicap Index we issue. In the interest of fairness, and because we are compelled by our license with the OGA / USGA, we will provide education as well as uphold the rules of the Handicap System. While this sounds very serious, these regulations are required so our club can assure equity in our games. More equity = more fun!
The purpose of the USGA Handicap System is to make the game more enjoyable by enabling players of differing abilities to compete on an equitable basis.
Our Committee is: Marilyn France – Women’s Chair, Carol O’Keefe – Women’s co-Chair, Ron Willis – Men’s Chair, Steve Mason – Men’s co-Chair, Ron Crasilneck.
The Handicap Committee has set forth the following policies and procedures for all members carrying USGA Handicap Indexes:
- Each player will try to make the best score at every hole in every round, regardless of where the round is played.
- All acceptable rounds must be posted for peer review, including 9-hole scores.
- Scores must be posted within 72 hours of the round being played.
- Scores must be adjusted properly for handicap purposes – for ESC (Equitable Stroke Control), for holes not played, and for holes that are started but not finished.
- The principles of the Rules of Golf must be followed.
Scores in both match play and stroke play, as well as under ‘Preferred Lies / Winter Rules’ must be posted for handicap purposes. This includes scores made in match play, in multi-ball, or in team competitions in which players have not completed one or more holes or in which players are requested to pick up when out of contention on a hole.
Disciplinary Actions for failure to post or player manipulating their Handicap Index:
- First failure to post or manipulation of your score will result in a verbal warning.
- Second failure will result in a written warning
- Third failure will result in the appropriate penalty round issued for scores not posted
- After your fourth failure to post your score or continued manipulation of your scores, further disciplinary action will be taken as the Handicap Chair / Committee deems fair and equitable.
A player must earn a Handicap Index. No player has an inherent right to a Handicap Index without providing full evidence of ability to our club’s Handicap Committee. The Committee has the ultimate authority and obligation to adjust or withdraw a Handicap Index if it deems it necessary to do so.
OGA Season Dates, Handicap Revisions, Active / Inactive Season:
- Handicap Indexes will be updated on the 1st and 15th of each month, as per the USGA National Revision Schedule.
- OGA active handicapping season begins March 1st. Last day to post a score is November 30th. Last official Handicap Index update of the season is December 1st.
- No local scores can be posted during the off-season, which is December 1st through the last day of February. Rounds played in sun-belt states must be posted in a timely fashion.
Please do not hesitate to direct any questions or concerns to the Handicap Committee. We encourage any and all member feedback.
With more than 75% of all adults users accessing information about our club through their “padular devices” and cell phones, it was time to create and launch a “Mobile Version” of our basic web site information. The goal was to create a site that gave an annotated version of the massive amount of information on our full site (which has more than 90 pages of content), to help those interested in finding out more about Shadow Hills, as well as members looking for a quick link to ForeTees, ShadowHillsExtra, Member Content, or our social media, with just a “screen tap away.”
Now, when you go to http://www.shadowhillscc.org on your mobile device, you will be re-directed to the new mobile version of the site.
Click Below for description and Nav Tips!
With an amazing golf season coming up, Shadow Hills Country Club is kicking off it’s 2017 Membership Drive with a handful of special offers that can save a prospective member as much as $2,000 or more in initiation and first month’s dues.
As a reminder to all Shadow Hills CC members, the prices for “Legacy Memberships” (children or grandchildren of current members, are HALF of the special offer rates, so there has never been a better time to bring your family into the Shadow Hills Community.
Click below for pricing details: