The Women’s Board Activity Chairs were introduced at the Spring Kick Off on Wednesday, April 12th. They include:
Connie Green, 18-Hole League – Member Since 1993, Sue Zollner, 9-Hole League – Member Since 2014, Sue Zollner, 9-Hole League – Member Since 2014, Lori Reynolds, Twilight League – Member Since 2002, Amy Bennett, Social/Special Events – Member Since 2014, Leilani Norman, Women’s Invitational – Member Since 2008, Pam Brills, Women’s Invitational – Member Since 2009, Susie Leo, Valley League – Member Since 1995, Carolyn Townsend, OWGA – Member Since 2002
Click Below for Individual Pictures
WOMEN’S SPRING KICK-OFF
Shadow Hills Women’s Club Annual Spring Kickoff is April 11. We invite social and golf members to participate. Check in will be from 8:30-9:00 in the banquet room. From 9-10 enjoy breakfast, a short meeting and golf clinic followed by a 9-hole scramble at 10:30. The cost for breakfast is $14+gratuity. Sign up in the locker room or on Fore-Tees.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FLYER
Women’s Golf Leagues Forming
Women’s 9-Hole and 18-Hole league play begins in April, and Twilight starts in May:
9 Hole – Tuesday April 11 9 AM
18 Hole – Wednesday April 18 8:30 AM
Twilight – Monday May 14 6 PM
Enrollment forms are available in the office, women’s locker room, and online by clicking on the link below. Cost is $40 per league and will be billed to your account – no more handling checks and cash. So fill out your form, drop off in the office or mail to the club Attn: Women’s Club Treasurer. And join the fun!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD SIGN-UP FORM
One of the most active, fun, and diverse offerings at Shadow Hills, continues to be the Shadow Hills Senior Men’s Tour, created and run by “the Commish,” Steve Mason.
Each year, a large group of Shadow Hills Senior (50+ or those who will turn 50 this year) Men, participate in a “Fed-Ex Tour” style of events, with accumulated points being awarded to a leaderboard, which ultimately results in the awarding of the “Mason Cup” for the overall winner.
By Ron Willis – Men’s Handicap Chair
Golf Season (Score Posting) 2018:
I would like to take this time as we usher in the 2018 posting season; to re-introduce your Handicap Committee. The committee members are; Marilyn France (Women’s Handicap Chair), Carol O’Keefe (co-Chair), Ron Willis (men’s Handicap Chair), Steve Mason and Ron Crasilneck (co-Chairs).
It is the responsibility of the Handicap Committee to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all the handicaps of those golfers at Shadow Hills who play competitive golf. Two basic premises underlie the USGA Handicap System; each player will try to make the best score at every hole in every round and that player will post every acceptable round (nine or 18 holes) for peer review. By accomplishing these USGA objectives, our competitive play and events will be equitable and more enjoyable for all who play. In advance, we would like to thank you for your anticipated cooperation and support.
It is also the responsibility of the Handicap Committee to make available and post the Club’s Handicap Policies and Procedures. Our 2018 Handicap Policies and Procedures can be found on the bulletin board over the posting computer. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding handicaps or score posting. You may also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All sensitive information received will be kept confidential.
Amazing February weather came to play, along with several women from Shadow Hills, during their annual Bandon Dunes trip. This is just one of the many ways that Shadow Hills continues to offer a wide range of golf experiences for for our members!
Click below to see more pics from this wonderful experience!
With 2018 came the announcement of the new SHCC Women’s Club board of directors!
with the number of events, golf leagues, and ongoing activities, Shadow Hills is lucky to have women who are willing to step up and do more!
Congrats to all!
Click Below to see individual names and pictures.
Women’s Club Holiday & Charity Luncheon
Sue GraVette, Chair
Once again the Holiday luncheon on December 6th was a huge success. From the wonderful food, excellent service, many volunteers and entertainment to the rewards for our beneficiary, ShelterCare, the staff and 109 members and guests out did themselves.
This year’s Children’s Christmas Party was a resounding success, with a record number of children and family coming out for a meal of “breakfast for dinner,” and a visit from “the Jolly Old Elf” himself!
As has become a tradition, we took pics of the kids with Santa, and the smiles tells the full story! Happiness all around from kids of all ages!
Click Below for the pictures! Read More…
The Year-End Finale – Sue GraVette, President
The Women’s Club ended the season with the election of 2018 officers, award presentations, and a fabulous lunch on Wednesday, November 1. The 2017 board was introduced and thanked for their part in making 2017 a great year. Women’s club executive officers for next year are Suzi Creech, President, Carolyn Townsend, President-Elect, Nancy Pollard, Secretary and Cheri Courtnage, Treasurer.
Click Below for More Info and Pictures
Our Team 2 did won Greater Eugene PGA Junior League championship for 2017.
Players in the picture are from left; Jayden Tate, Blake and Tyler Mikel and Max Hunter. Of course Brandon Hepner and myself are there as well. There were five other members of team 2 not pictured; Brock Nelson, Kendall Smith, Olivia Thompson, Kai Holmes and Madison Holmes.
Four of our kids, Tyler Mikel, Brock Nelson, Cal Potter and Carter Schmidt were selected to the All Star team which will move to Trysting Tree on August 6th for matches against teams from central Oregon and Bandon by the Sea.
A season ending banquet was held at RiverRidge on Saturday July 29th to award certificates and toast a great season!
Pat Fitzsimons SHCC Junior League and All Star team captain
GREAT JOB TO ALL!! Our team “represented” Shadow Hills magnificently!!
July 17th -19th, Shadow Hills was the “epicenter of the future of golf” with another huge turnout for the Youth Camp! Almost 80 of the finest future golfers turned out for the three day camp, that featured instruction, competition and loads of fun!
In addition, the PGA Golf League, which features more than 30 SHCC youth golfers, is concluding their competitive season, with a list of SHCC players being selected as “All Stars.”
This from our resident teaching pro, Pat Fitzsimons:
The PGA Junior Golf League regular season came to a close Saturday July 22nd after an eight week schedule. Shadow Hills presented 31 golfers forming three teams and each team played 7 matches against Eugene CC., RiverRidge, and Laurelwood as well as each other. Shadow Hills team 2 tied for the League championship with a 6-1 won- lost record.
A ten player all star team now moves into regional competition on August 6th in Corvallis at Trystying Tree. Shadow Hills will field four All Stars of the team; Cal Potter from team 1, Brock Nelson and Tyler Mikel from team 2 and Carter Schmidt from team 3 were chosen to represent the Greater Eugene League. Congratulations to all our young golfers. Much improvement and maturity was gained by all.
An awards barbecue will close out the regular season this Saturday July 29th at RiverRidge.
As the big member tournaments begin to round off the golf season at Shadow Hills, there is time to seek a tune-up for the Men’s and Women’s Invitationals before football, fall and cooler weather prevail. It has been a very pleasant experience in the company of a truly great staff at this fine country club and I thank all for making it so!
CLICK MORE to see pics from youth camp!
This year’s Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt at Shadow Hills Country club broke our record for attendance! More than 500 happy Easter celebrants made this one of the most memorable events in our history!
Chef Diana and her crew prepared an amazing meal, and the staff (and Bunny) made this a flawless, fun event, that was blessed with clear skies (after a very wet week!).
Watch the video for some of the fun, food, and festivities!
One of the most destructive forces on our course is in fact “man made.” No, we are not talking about the effects of humans on global warming, and the resulting La Nina super-wet weather. We are talking about irresponsible golf cart use, which can leave parts of our course deeply scarred for weeks, if not months.
Working with the golf committee, head professional and golf course superintendent, a new cart path rule has been drafted, and will become effective immediately. A “Modified 90 Degree Rule” has been added to our current standard 90 Degree Rule to take advantage of our firm fairways, while helping to protect less stable rough areas. One of the most important aspects of the new rule is to enter the fairway across the driest rough area available, and then staying on the fairway until your ball is on or near the green. You will then exit the fairway across the driest available rough area.
It is important to remember that using a golf cart anywhere on our facility is a privilege, and that our course is one of our most important assets. For this reason, common sense and courtesy are to be used at all times while operating carts.
Continue Reading to see the New Regulations and a Graphic Chart Explaining the Changes
Women’s Spring Kick-Off a Great Success!
The Women’s Spring Kick-off on Wednesday April 11th was a great success! There were 65 women at the breakfast and meeting. Gary Davis and Birk Nelson gave us an informative presentation on the Orange Whip training tool. Even with 100% chance of rain it managed to stay dry while 28 of us played in the 9-hole scramble. Thank you to all who participated and of course a big thanks to the staff that made it all happen! Photos are available on the Shadow Hills Extra link. Amy Bennett, Social & 18-Hole Special Events
Click Below for Pictures Read More…
By-Laws Shadow Hills Women’s Club
ARTICLE ONE: NAME
The name of this organization shall be the SHADOW HILLS WOMEN’S CLUB.
ARTICLE TWO: OBJECT
The object of this organization shall be to conduct the golf and related social activities for the Women Members of Shadow Hills Country Club.
ARTICLE THREE: MEMBERSHIP
Sec. 1 The members of the Shadow Hills Women’s Club shall consist of all women who are members in good standing of Shadow Hills Country Club. Daughters of members between the ages of 18 and 23 may apply to the Board of Directors for membership.
Sec. 2 This organization shall maintain memberships in and abide by the rules and regulations of the Oregon Women’s Golf Association (OWGA), the Oregon Golf Association (OGA) and other organizations as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
Sec. 3 Dues and fees may be charged for such activities as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE FOUR: MEETINGS
Sec. 1 There shall be two (2) regular meetings of the General Membership held in the spring and fall of each year; hereafter called the Spring Meeting and the Fall Meeting. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Sec. 2 Notice of such meetings shall be communicated to the membership at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting date.
Sec. 3 Twenty percent (20%) of the dues paying members of the Women’s Club shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
ARTICLE FIVE: ELECTED OFFICERS
Sec. 1 Personnel: The Elected Officers shall consist of the newly elected President, President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Treasurer-elect.
Sec. 2 Nomination: Prior to the Fall Meeting, the Nominating Committee Chair shall present a slate of one (1) or more candidates for each office. The slate shall be communicated to the membership at least ten (10) days prior to the Fall Meeting.
- The President will recognize additional nominations from the floor at the Fall Meeting.
Sec. 3 Officers shall be elected at the Fall Meeting to serve a term of one (1) year from January 1 through December 31.
- The President-elect shall become President the year following her election as President-elect.
- The President shall become Past President the year following her election as President.
- The Treasurer-elect shall become Treasurer the year following her election as Treasurer-elect.
Sec. 4 Vacancies: Vacancies occurring among elected Officers shall be filled by a majority vote of the remaining members of the Board of Directors. Persons so elected shall serve until the expiration of the original term of office.
Sec. 5 Duties: Elected Officers
- Shall preside at all meetings and functions of this organization.
- Shall call special meetings of the Executive Committee and/or Board of Directors.
- Shall call special meetings of the General Membership with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Except as otherwise provided, shall appoint chairs for all Committees.
- Is an ex-officio member of all Committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Shall name the auditing committee comprised of the President, Past President and President-elect. Said committee shall audit the financial records of the Shadow Hills Women’s Club within thirty (30) days after year-end.
- Shall update the President’s notebook and pass it on to the incoming officer at year end.
- Shall assist the President and preside at all meetings in her absence.
- Shall attend the Shadow Hills Women’s Club Board of
Directors Meetings and report publicity activities.
- Shall act as Publicity Chair for communication of all golf and social activities of the Women’s Club in the monthly Shadow Hills Country Club newsletter, web-site and e-mail.
- Shall be responsible for duties associated with nominating and presenting the Kathryn Schneider Service Award at the Awards Ceremony during the Fall Meeting, when recommended by the Executive Board and approved by the Women’s Board.
- Shall update the President-elect’s notebook and pass it on to the incoming officer at year end.
- Shall attend and keep minutes of the meetings of the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors and General Membership, and submit approved minutes to be posted electronically.
- Shall keep roll call at the Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings.
- Shall contact new Shadow Hills women members to welcome them and introduce them to golf and social activities.
- Shall send cards on behalf of the Women’s Club (i.e. get well, sympathy, congratulation).
- Shall update the Secretary’s notebook and pass it on to the incoming officer at year end.
- Shall serve for one (1) year from the time of election.
- Shall attend Board of Directors meetings and present the current income/expense report.
- Shall maintain and distribute an accurate record of the Club Membership.
- Shall keep full and accurate accounts of all Club monies and pay all approved bills by check, checks to be signed by the Treasurer, the Treasurer-elect and/or the President. One signature is required on all checks.
- Shall be present for the annual audit, along with the Treasurer-elect. The audit committee is the President, Past President and President-elect. Said committee to audit the financial records of the Shadow Hills Women’s Club within thirty (30) days after year-end.
- Shall present the budget, as approved by the Board of Directors, into the minutes of the Spring Meeting. The budget shall be presented in written format and the Treasurer shall be prepared to review the budget, if requested by the general membership.
- Shall present a review of the financial affairs to the general membership at the Fall Meeting.
- Shall update the Treasurer’s notebook and pass it on to the incoming officer at the end of her term.
- Shall serve for one (1) year from time of election. (follows term of Treasurer)
2 Shall assist the Treasurer and assume her duties in her absence.
- Shall be responsible for managing the Women’s League Enrollment Records for all women’s leagues.
- Shall attend the Shadow Hills Women’s Club Board of Directors Meetings.
- Shall be present, along with the Treasurer, for the annual audit.
ARTICLE SIX: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Sec. 1 Personnel and Term:
The Board of Directors shall consist of the five (5) elected officers, the immediate Past President and the Chair(s) of the following committees: 18 Hole, 9 Hole, Twilight, Social, By-Laws, Shadow Hills Women’s Invitational (SHWI), Oregon Women’s Golf Association (OWGA) and Valley League Team Play (VLTP).
Sec. 2 Meetings:
The Board of Directors shall meet regularly each month. Any change in the regular meeting schedule will be at the discretion of the President. Special meetings may be called by the President or upon the written request of one-half (1/2) of the members of the Board of Directors.
Sec. 3 Duties of the Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors has general charge of the affairs, funds and property of the Women’s Club. Any proposed major changes in Club policies or activities must be presented to the General Membership for ratification.
- The Board of Directors shall review the expenditures of all Club monies.
- Other duties of the Board of Directors are explained within the Standing Rules section as an attachment to the By-Laws. Modifications to the duties of the various and many Chairs do not require a vote of the general membership. The section(s) of the Rules and Regulations of the By-Laws is to be used for description and terminology only and is overseen by the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors passes by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote any new By-Law or modification of By-Law that may be submitted for consideration of the General Membership; excepting the job description duties of the Chair/s as stated in the Standing Rules section.
- The authorized signers on the Women’s Club’s bank accounts shall be the President, Treasurer and Treasurer-elect.
Sec. 4 Quorum:
A majority of the members of the Board of Directors constitute a quorum. For purposes of determining a quorum, in the event of an absence of a voting member, the co-Chair or other identified representative may vote at the Board Meeting.
Sec. 5 Executive Committee:
- There shall be an Executive Committee, which may represent, and when necessary, act for the Board of Directors between meetings.
- The Executive Committee shall be comprised of the five (5) Elected Officers: President, President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Treasurer-elect.
- Quorum: A majority of membership of the Executive Committee shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE SEVEN: REPRESENTATIVES AND COMMITTEES
Sec. 1 There shall be the following Standing Committees: 18 Hole, 9 Hole, Twilight, By-Laws, Social and the immediate Past President as the representatives to the Shadow Hills Country Club Board of Directors.
- The Standing Committees shall attend all regularly scheduled Shadow Hills Women’s Club meetings.
Sec. 2 Committee Chair/s shall choose their own co-Chair and committee members.
Sec. 3 Duties of the various Committees shall be determined by the Executive Committee and they shall use the most current USGA Rules of Golf book as a guide.
Sec. 4 Additional Committees:
- The following are to be considered Additional Committees: SHWI, OWGA and VLTP. The Chair of these committees will be appointed either by the President of the Shadow Hills Women’s Club or by the organization represented by the Committee.
- The Additional Committees shall attend the Shadow Hills Women’s Club Board of Directors meetings.
- Additional Standing Committees may be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors.
Sec. 5 Ad Hoc Committees:
- Ad Hoc committee(s) may be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors which shall designate their duties. Definition: Ad Hoc Committee is created for a particular purpose or in response to a specific situation or problem, without considering wider or long-term issues of the Club.
- Nominating Committee: The President shall appoint one member of the Board of Directors, exclusive of the elected officers, who shall serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee will appoint members representing the communities and activities of the Club. The President-elect is also on this Committee. The President shall serve in an advisory capacity only.
ARTICLE EIGHT: RULES AND REGULATIONS
Sec. 1 Schedule for golf play by women will comply with the decisions of the Board of Directors of the Shadow Hills Country Club.
Sec. 2 Only members of the Women’s Club, with established handicaps (as may apply to the various women’s golf groups/leagues), having paid the appropriate fee(s), are eligible to compete in any tournament and/or weekly 9-Hole or 18-Hole play.
The member is to use an established handicap of 40 or under. If the handicap is over 40, she is still eligible to play, but must use 40. A temporary handicap established by the Pro Shop after five (5) games is accepted. There will be no reverting of scores until a true handicap, based on 20 games, has been established.
9-Hole and Twilight Leagues can/may determine their own handicap requirements. Those requirements shall be clearly posted on the appropriate league’s board in the Women’s Locker Room.
Sec. 3 Standing Rules and Regulations, as determined by the Board of Directors, shall be communicated to the membership.
Sec. 4 When competing for prizes, all players must play with a fellow competitor or competitors.
ARTICLE NINE: AMENDMENTS AND RULES OF ORDER
Sec. 1 Amendments: The By-Laws may be amended by a majority vote of the dues paying Members of the Women’s Club present at any regular or special meeting; provided that the proposed amendment(s) has been communicated to the membership at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting.
Sec. 2 Rules of Order: “Robert’s Rules of Order (Revised)” shall be the parliamentary authority for all matters of procedure not specifically covered by the By-Laws adopted by the Shadow Hills Women’s Club.
Sec. 3 In the event a Chair cannot or will not be able to fulfill her duties, the co-Chair will move into the Chair position and continue in that position until the end of the calendar year. At the end of the calendar year, the co-Chair will assume the position of Chair for the following year.
If a co-Chair is unable or unwilling to move into the position of Chair, as noted above, or if there is no co-Chair, the President shall choose a new Chair to assume the responsibilities relative to the position. Said new Chair will serve until the expiration of the original term of office. The co-Chair will continue as before the Chair position was vacated.
Revised April 11, 2018
Downloadable PDF version: SHWC_By_Laws 2018