SHCC News You Need to Know 02-20-2020
This Week’s News You Need to Know for 02-20-2020
~ Security Alert for Parking Lots
~ Sauces Cooking Class
~ Paint Party Scheduled
~ Dates to Put On Your Calendar for January
~ This Week’s Specials in the Dining Room
Security Alert for Parking Lots
We have had a couple of recent “smash and grab” car thefts from our member parking lot recently. Please be sure not to leave any valuables in your car, and certainly no visible. And if you see anyone in the lot who doesn’t look like they belong, contact the front desk immediately. While this is an extremely rare event, it has happened twice in the past two weeks. So, be on the lookout, and protect your valuables. Thanks!
Sauces Cooking Class Offered
David Hixson is teaching a new cooking class on Wednesday, March 4th at 5pm. The class will last approximately two hours. Attendees will learn how to make Hollandaise Sauce by hand and learn three classic variations. Of course, then we have to taste the sauces over some delicious treats, including fresh salmon, asparagus and a variation of Eggs Benedict. Be prepared to have fun and laugh while you learn.
The class costs $50 per person and includes all food and materials. Please sign up in the lounge or by contacting David Hixson. The class is limited to eight people, so don’t wait if you’d like to attend.
Paint Party Coming Up
We have scheduled another “Paint Lesson Party” for Feb 27th. 2/27 6-8pm
$25 per painter Wine and appetizers are available for purchase during the class.
RSVP to email@example.com or call the front desk to make a reservation.
*please bring check or cash for the artist
Dates to Put on Your Calendars
- FREE LESSON MONTH – Get your game on track – Throughout the month of February, Birk Nelson will be giving 20 FREE half hour lessons. Call Birk to signup 541-514-4473 firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Rhythm, Tempo and Timing Clinic – Feb 22nd 10:00AM
~ Operation 36 Coming to Shadow Hills CC – Orientation Feb 22nd 2:00PM
- Stretch and Sip Class – Wed. February 26th – Learn exercises that improve balance, mobility and posture, and have a complimentary glass of wine or cocktail following! Sign Up in the Pro Shop or Contact Nick 541-870-0647
- SWING of the Day- Learn to Turn Orange Whip classes every Monday and Wednesday
This Week’s Specials
Appetizer: Ham and Gruyere cheese stuffed large mushroom caps $9
Cut of the Week: USDA High Choice Cedar River Farms 10 oz. New York Strip steak with Maker’s Mark spiked Green peppercorn sauce $31
Suggested Beverage: Banfi Chianti Superiore
Fresh from the Coast: Pan-seared Red Snapper rockfish with fresh herbs $25
Suggested Beverage: King Estates Select Pinot Gris
Pasta of the Week: Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Alfredo with cheese tortellini, served with garlic toast $23
Suggested Beverage: J. Scott Cellars Chardonnay
Comfort Food: House made Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and brown gravy $19
Suggested Beverage: Pray for Snow – 10 Barrel Brewing Co. – American Ale
- Sorbet: Mango
- Two for $3: Two large chocolate chip cookies for $3 with Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Brownie Sundae: house made warm brownie topped with Lochmead vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce finished with whipped cream $4
- Dessert: House made vanilla cheesecake with a ginger graham cracker crust finished with fresh strawberries $4.5