SHCC – Revised Policies on Golf, Operations, and the Need for Social Distancing
In the evolving list of orders coming down from Federal and State government, we are pleased to announce that while greatly modifying “business as usual,” are very much allowing the continuation of golf and restricted food service at Shadow Hills CC.
In the latest Executive Order, Gov. Kate Brown clarified additional business restrictions, as well as additional “Stay Home” policies for the general public.
In an effort to clarify these policies, the Executive Director of the Oregon Golf Association, reached out to the Governor’s office. They received the following:
“Golf is allowed as long as the social distancing measures are in place, country club activities for a gathering would not be allowed. We categorized golf similar to a hike or outdoor activity, rather than through “essential travel” which is meant to stop vacations.”
Regional Solutions Director
Jobs & Economy Policy Advisor
Office of Governor Kate Brown
This is GREAT NEWS for Shadow Hills CC Golfers and members. However, to help assure that we remain within the guidelines, we are implementing the following additional policies.
SEE THE NEW POLICIES BELOW
- The Golf Will Remain Open to Golfing to MEMBERS ONLY (No Guests or Reciprocal Players)
- The Clubhouse is closed except for the locker room and pro-shop and they are only accessible through the back doors on the golf course side of the building. SOCIAL DISTANCING of 6 feet is to be enforced by staff.
- The exercise facility is closed
- The administrative office is closed – Payments may be given to the Pro Shop or Mailed
- Rakes on the golf course have been pulled
- Leave the flagstick in
- Cups are positioned so you do not have to reach into the hole to retrieve your ball
- Power carts will be used by one rider only except for those golfers that live in the same household
- Please bring your own hydro flask or similar container and use the water station out by the bag room
- Food service through the take out window only, service Wednesday – Sunday
- Our staffing has been greatly reduced so we ask that you remain patient and understanding of the staff that is still working on your behalf.
- We are taking extra precautions to protect the safety of our members and employees.
Once again…we are extremely fortunate to be able to maintain our physical and mental health with an activity that we love. PLEASE ADHERE TO THESE RESTRICTIONS, so that we may all protect our club, community and investments.